The Internet is one of the most transformative technologies of our lifetimes. But for 2 out of every 3 people on earth, a fast, affordable Internet connection is still out of reach. And this is far from being a solved problem. There are many terrestrial challenges to Internet connectivity—jungles, archipelagos, mountains-to name a few. There are also major cost challenges. For example, in most of the countries in the southern hemisphere, the cost of an Internet connection is more than a month’s income!! Thinking out of the box Google is Introducin Ballon Powered Internet.
- Providing Free Internet To Remote or Poor Areas Using Ballons Google-Style (traxarmstrong.com)
- Google’s Project Loon tests internet delivered by balloons (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Internet aases secret project (sathought.wordpress.com)
- Google floats balloons for free Wi-Fi (theage.com.au)
- Introducing Project Loon: Balloon-powered Internet access (googleblog.blogspot.com)