I just used google earth pro. its cool .you can create layouts with title ,legend, scale and north arrow directly on image and can save it. google earth provides it free for Educators and Teachers but not for students directly.
From June 10-24, Google is offering a new online course two geo-related areas: Google Maps and Google Earth.
Google Maps: Explore features of the new Google Maps. Learn to create and share custom maps using Google Maps Engine Lite. Taught by Google Maps Product Managers Daniel Demetri and Beth Liebert.
Google Earth: Discover the world using Google Earth. Learn how to create and share a tour of interesting locations that tells a 3D geographical story. Taught by Google Earth Product Manager Peter Birch.
The courses are self-paced, where one can watch videos (or read text lessons) and apply the skills you learn. You’ll be able to connect with experts during the course via Google+ Hangouts.
At the end of the course you’ll have the opportunity to complete a project and earn a certificate. You can learn more about the courses and register now on the Mapping with Google site. As an added bonus, all participants will be given access to preview the new version of Google Maps.
If you’re wanting to learn more about Google’s geo products, this is a great opportunity!
- Opening up geospatial data (jugraphia.wordpress.com)
- A Free Two Week Course on Google Maps and Earth (freetech4teachers.com)
- Google Maps 101: Online Course Teaches All About Google Maps (eweek.com)
- Google Offers Free Classes For Google Maps (techweekeurope.co.uk)
- Learn to Use the New Google Maps & Google Earth for Education via Free Mapping with Google Class (indianajen.com)
- Unlock the Secrets of Google Maps and Google Earth (geeksugar.com)
- Sign Up for Google’s Free Online Two-Week ‘Mapping with Google’ Course (howtogeek.com)
- Google Launches Google Maps Engine API (webpronews.com)